The tower at the corner ofthe city wall that, from its original medioeval name of Dollone or “Dojon” has given its name to the entire fortified complex and also to the Bellunese family Doglioni. It was started in 1481 by the Venetian rector Perazzo Malipiero and finally completed in 1489 by Luca Foscarini, whose coat or arms can be seen next to the lion of S. Marco.